CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system – allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more storage space. CCleaner also comes with a registry scanner that scans for invalid references (advanced users).
Note: CCleaner was acquired by Avast and the application’s installer has been found to bundle the free version of the antivirus on ocassion or offer it as a bundle install. Beware of this when installing or opt for the Portable version instead.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more…
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more… Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
Duplicate File Finder
You may not realize how many duplicate files are stored on your computer, taking up valuable hard drive space. CCleaner now includes a duplicate file finder tool, which can quickly find these files, and allow you to choose which ones to delete – freeing up more space on your PC than ever before!
System and Browser Monitoring
If you’re a CCleaner Professional user, you can now set CCleaner to run every time you shut down your browser, or you can set it to monitor your entire system in the background and detect when to Clean based on disk space that can be saved!
- Android version updated to 4.17.1
- Added cleaning for Windows 10 clipboard history
- Improved translations for: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Korean, Norwegian, Slovak, Swedish and Turkish
- Stability improvements